Wednesday, November 7, 2007

what a marvelous day!



I just celebrated my 31st birthday and it was the best birthday I have had in a long time. I woke up early in the morning and had quiet time for a couple hours before the rest of the house stirred. I heard Asher starting to wake up and I ran and jumped back in bed so he could come snuggle with me. He climbed in bed and wished me a happy birthday...Oh, such sweet time! I mean, what more could a momma ask for than sweet loving from her oldest boy. Asher sent me on a scavenger hunt for a precious book that he wrote and illustrated for me. He has a wonderful imagination and his works are always an interesting read.


Addison sent me on a treasure hunt to find some money. Both the boys worked very hard thinking up and drawing/writing clues sending me all over the place (from the deer processing area, to the burn barrels, to the camper, to the shooting range, to my truck, to the corn trailer, to my parents rv....I was getting some exercise) Watching their faces, so full of excitement and joy in giving was priceless.

And bless my sweet mama...she spent all day the other day letting the boys pick out special beads that were my favorite colors and helping the boys string them on a necklace for me. It is absolutely beautiful and something I will wear for many years. See my pretty necklace!


Mom also made me an incredible lunch with some of my favorites...mushrooms, asparagus, chicken, angel food cake with whip cream and strawberries. The boys helped her decorate the cake by spraying the whip cream. Addison accidentally sprayed it all over Asher's face "....sorry...sorry...sorry, Asher" ....Asher says, "mmmm, this is heaven" as he licks the whip cream off his glasses. So then as we all ate our "well topped" cake the boys talked about why it was called "angel food cake" and how it tasted so heavenly. I had to agree, I haven't had it in such a long time and it was out of this world. Robert and Asher helped Mom with the dishes, I didn't have to do a thing. I felt like a queen all day. I had time to piddle on the web and practice some photoshop stuff. Which leads me to tell about something really exciting....Robert bought me a new camera for my birthday! It hasn't come in yet and I am about to explode with excitement. So get ready for lots more pics coming soon!

The boys and I went down to the driving range/go cart track and they drove the go cart for awhile (after Robert got it started...I just can't seem to crank that thing). They had a good time skidding around and kicking up dust. It was just such a nice, relaxing day. Oh, and two out of my three brothers even called...very cool that they remembered my birthday...pretty good odds I would say. (and it's not like I remember to call all of them on their birthdays every year...so I am not pointing fingers, I swear! It was really great to hear from them, it is always a treat to talk to any of my brothers, any time.) So, what a marvelous day!

1 comments:

SanDee said...

Happy Birthday Keva. WOW it sounds like you did have an absolutley wonderful day. I love reading your blogs and seeing your pictures. They are just great! I am so excited to hear about the new camera. I know you will do GREAT things with it. Whoever took those pictures with you in them took very good pics too. Well have a great day. Miss you all.

SanDee