Friday, November 23, 2007

spending time with Daddy...

When the boys were babies, Robert would apologize for how much of the load a mother has to carry. He really wanted to do more, but so many things just have to be a mother's duty. He always told me, "When the boys get a little older, you'll hardly see them. I'm going to be taking them all the time." Robert has always been very involved with the boys, coaching their sports teams, playing video games with them, going out prowling around and whatever boys like to do. Here lately though...I really feel the kiddos pulling away from being Momma's boys and drawing closer to their Dad. And I have to say, it melts my heart. It makes me "gooshy" inside, watching the interaction between father and sons. I feel overwhelmed with warmth and contentment and love for Robert as I see him teaching the boys and really enjoying training them to be men. When they were born and I would watch Robert hold his new son, I felt more in love with him than ever...it's that kind of feeling when I witness a special moment they share. So I am thrilled to have these pictures of them going out shooting a rifle for the first time.


No idea how Asher can shoot like this, closing the wrong eye...he is a natural though.


Running to check out the "damage" they had done!

Asher's target....
Robert's target....
Asher loves shooting, and he is pretty talented. He out shoots me with the 22 and a rifle. I don't think we will let him shoot the shot gun for a while...I don't want to have a blow to my confidence...I need all I can muster when thinking about shooting a snake or crazy varmint that might have rabies.

Addi's turn...


Practicing, slowly, gently, smoothly pulling the trigger...just like this...

Addison can't wink yet, so either he or Robert would hold his eye shut.

Addison's target...
Addison loves going hunting with Daddy. They have been looking for a javelina for him to shoot. We have gotten several pix of bobcats here lately and when we showed them to Addison he was too cute..."I'm so esssited!" He has been there to help Daddy shoot a doe and a cull buck already...and he is looking forward to getting his first kill.

0 comments: