Thursday, November 8, 2007

the sweetest brother in the world

Sorry, no pictures today....just a quick story about the love of a brother.

Today Asher got stung on the face by a bee. He thought it was a fly and swatted it away, and it stung him. Mema rushed him in the house and put some bleach on it right away. I went for a credit card to remove the stinger. Addison got a soft pillow for Asher to lay his head on as I tried to remove the stinger. He was terribly concerned for his brother and wanted to help. We decided after several tries that I would have to use tweezers and Addison went for them immediately. He offered comforting words to Asher and support. After we got the stinger out and put a little medicine on the sting, Addison said, "Asher, I wish that bee didn't sting you....I wish it stung me instead." Ohhhh, how sweet is that. I mean that is love. He truly meant it too. I believe he would have taken the bee sting over seeing his brother in pain. My goodness, it makes a mom's heart overflow to see such a spirit of love and God in her child. My sweet Addi! As mom and I went back out to gather the things we had left outside, we found Bodie (our dog) sitting at the door. He looked in at Asher very concerned; it was obvious he was worried, too. Asher is fine, his face didn't swell at all. Within a few hours only a dot and a little redness were left. Just wanted to share a sweet moment in our life.

0 comments: