Wednesday, February 20, 2008

conversations with the critters....






We went to a different church the other night to hear a sweet lady talk about her ministry in Haiti. When we walked in, the church had some change jars set up to collect money for an orphanage they support. Such a sweet exchange the kids and I had.
ASHER: Mom, are those for money for the poor people?


ME: Yes. (both boys start digging in my purse to find their wallets. as they put money into the jars the conversation continues)



ADDISON: Are they hungry?



ME: Well, it is for children that live in an orphanage, that is a place for kids that don't have parents.



ADDISON: Well, maybe they can use this money to buy some parents now.



If you ask Asher what his favorite part of school is, he'll tell you PE and recess. Last night when I was tucking Addison into bed he says, "Mom, there is one part of school that is hard and I don't like. I don't like when they make me run around the track. That's hard and it's not fun." He's so much like his mother!! Asher on the other hand comes home so excited that they got to go to the track and race. He's so much like his father!!

last one....

ME: Asher, it's about time to do your spelling words.

ASHER: I don't like school. Why did they even make school?

ME: Why do you think?

ASHER: to learn stuff...

ME: And do you learn stuff at school?

ASHER: Yes, but learning isn't fun!

Breaks my heart to hear that. Learning is fun. Learning CAN be fun. But I have to agree those stinking homework worksheets are NOT FUN. I think we will practice our spelling words in a plate full of pudding. Now doesn't that sound like more fun than copying on paper!

0 comments: