Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My baby is growing up so fast!

Asher turned 7 today. I can't believe that I am old enough to be the mother of a 7 year old! He has grown up so much this year. The other day it ocurred to me that he didn't need ANY help getting dressed. I mean, he has been dressing himself for years, but I have always enjoyed being needed every once and a while for the occasional impossible zipper or the stubborn button. He's reached quite a level of independence now though. I still like to baby him and fix and do for him, but he honestly can fin for himself pretty well on his own. He can make his own egg sandwich, cooking the eggs and all. Makes my bottom lip pout a bit. We definately don't want to hold our kids back and not see them grow and develop....awww, but it just makes me so sad that it flies by so very very fast! I wish I could remember it all better too. Things I didn't think I would ever forget have slipped away. I still feel them, but can't quite put my finger on the exact memory. Asher's name means, Blessed and happy....we knew right away it was the name for him. I truly feel blessed and happy to have him each and every day. He is so thoughtful of others, and loves the Lord so much. He trust in Jesus and wants to obey....How could a mother want for anything more? How could there be any blessings greater than children? I snapped this picture literally just before he walked out the door this morning. It is so hard to let them go! Go ahead and grow up though kiddo...you are going to be a great man someday! (sooner than I would like)



I couldn't choose between colr and black and white...so you get the same picture twice.





and keep those prayers coming for sweet little Jadyn. She still is "not out of the woods yet". She has RSV and pneumonia and is likely to have a lengthy stay in the hospital. I took this picture the day she was born. I love her hands folded so sweetly, almost looks like she is talking with God. Precious Baby Girl, keep fighting!!!




1 comments:

SanDee said...

Oh WOW I hope Asher had a wonderful day. I am so sorry I didn't remember this special day. 7 years old, wow that is amazing. Tell him Hunter says Happy Birthday!

I am so sorry about Jayden. I will continue to pray.