Friday, August 29, 2008

we got to start our weekend early

because their was a huge gas leak and we thought we were going to have to evacuate. Robert got called in early this morning and then he called me around 9 to let me know they had a horrible explosion and oil, gas, and water were spraying everywhere. They had to evacuate the field and were talking about evacuating the city. The buses all fueled up and lined up in front of the school, only thing was no one knew where they would take all the kids. It all depended on how the wind was blowing. And there was no way they would be able to communicate with the parents, who would also be evacuated. I got a little freaked...I wanted my babies with ME. So I went and got them. Lots of other moms did too. I think they finally dismissed everyone. Robert didn't get home until after 7 and said they finally had it contained. And fortunately God blew the wind just right and we didn't have to evacuate. So, we started our weekend early. Here are a few pictures from the first day of school and so you can see Asher's new haircut. He looks so different, all clean cut.

and this house in the background is my niece's (Jade's) I just love that we walk by it every day, and the boys always ask if we can stop and say hi (and get a Popsicle) on our way home. Just makes me all gooshy inside to get to be so close to family.


and do you see the fashion statement (rubber bands around his fingers) Addison insisted on wearing to school. My little trendsetter....or was he planning on shooting the teacher?


This is Addi's teacher, she is so soft spoken and easy going. So sweet. I was a little nervous about who he would be placed with, but decided fretting about it wouldn't do much good. I prayed God would put him where he needed to be. I am really happy HE worked it out like this.

I wasn't really prepared for this picture, but she posed, so I quickly switched to auto and snapped...if this doesn't make you want to shoot manual then I don't know what will. Blah, but still want you all to see he is spending all his time with.


Hard to watch him walk away.

1 comments:

David Reed said...

What a scary adventure! Glad to hear everything worked out well enough for you guys.