Sunday, August 24, 2008

tomorrow

mr. cool starts kindergarten. I've created a long list of to do's so as not to fall into a deep depression. I will be chunking all the rocks from the empty pond where Addi lost his teeth, into the soon to be caved in cellar by around 8:15 in the morning I'm sure. Although I plan to run the bleachers a few times after walking the kids to school...I'm sure I will be home pretty quickly given my non love of exercising. Actually Asher has been begging for the last part of the summer to wake up early and go jogging at the track. I did set my alarm a few times...but I didn't take him, not once. Robert did though...I just don't like exerting physical energy. I'm all about spending quality time with my boys, especially when it allows them to get some individual attention, aaaahhgggg, I DO NOT like anything that remotely resembles exercising though. AND, I'm not a morning person and he really wanted to jog in the morning, really early, for no reason at all. All that to say, I probably will come up with some great excuse to NOT run the bleachers, but hey I'm thinking about it! So I will be back home shortly after school starts with an entire day filled with SILENCE. I know a lot of moms who crave this time...not me. Even though there are definitely times when my kids make me want to climb the walls (my mom used to say that about me all the time...hee hee) I miss them sooo much and have been dreading the school stealing my babies from me. I'm sure some of you will be happy that I will have more time to post more often. And my house will be cleaner. And if I owe you pictures, you might stand a chance of getting them in the near future. And I might even get out and earn a little $$. And I will get so much more accomplished in my days because I won't be distracted by little boys wanting to play Lego's, or cries for mommy to come quick and see the big fat blood spitting horny toad, or the unveiling of the newest junkyard creation, or a boy asking to have his after bath bubble beard photographed, or be completely mesmerized watching two brothers play sweetly together as they feed the ants another grasshopper, or OK, I better stop...my eyes are burning with tears. I don't want to let them go, but I guess I gotta! a few pictures from our vacation.
that is sprite dripping off his chin, this picture was followed by a huge, make your Pa proud, Turk burp. Burping contests are a favorite family entertainment.
and I would say, these curls will be going off to school tomorrow too...BUT, Asher decided he wanted to cut them off. I do love these curls and will miss them, but I am happy to see more of his sweet little face and I suppose following school policy is the thing to do.
Ooohhh, I'm gonna miss these little joys! They are my world and it is quiet and lonely (though productive) without them. I'll try and control my whining though. I better get to bed, so I can get up in the morning and find the energy to get some exercise in...Ha!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Aw! I don't want them to grow up either!

SanDee said...

Oh gosh Keva I know what you mean about not wanting to let them go. I am so happy to have one more year and maybe two of Sydnee still at home most of the time. I cant imagine what I will do with myself when they both go to school. I am feeling for you this morning and hope it goes well. My sister used to go running everysingle first day of school. I wouldnt have this morning but Syd has Strep throat AGAIN! Have a good day.

Bobbi said...

Aww, such a bittersweet feeling to know they are growing up but such a joy to watch. wow those curls are beautiful too, must be so hard to cut off.