Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Pulling Teeth

Pulling teeth was not something that I thought about as I was contemplating having children. Really is not a favorite part of motherhood, that is for sure. Their baby teeth are so white and straight and perfect, just plain cute smiles. Now these huge, rough, crooked things start coming in and messing everything up. Then there is the terrible sick feeling I get in my stomach as I am twisting and yanking on the stubborn thing to let loose. Oh and the blood! And what mother likes to hurt her baby, plus they are so scared. OK...well, maybe every one's experiences are not like this, but ours was a long drawn out, horrible affair. This is actually Asher's third tooth to loose, but the first at home. The dentist pulled the first two, because his permanent teeth had already come in and the babies weren't even loose. We wiggled and worked on this top one, and I couldn't wait for it to come out. It was poking out from under his lip...just awful. When it came right down to it, I couldn't pull it....I was too nauseous. Asher decided to tie a string to it and slam the door. What a champ! So the tooth is out, now the one next to it needs to come out too.

0 comments: