Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Chicks!






Ok...as much as I would like to make this blog really stinkin cute and be creative, time just doesn't allow. So I guess I will just have to put the pictures up and say a little blurb so the family can see the kiddos. I would love to release some creative energy, right now the only things going for me in that department are the concoctions I put together in the kitchen and when I get a little crazy during homeschool (to which Addison protest and wants to just get on with the worksheets, and Asher loves it...anything is a welcomed distraction. Wow, completely different approaches needed to teach these boys, but that is a whole other post.) So here is my sad attempt at blogging...in a hurry.

The latest adventure in our lives: Chicks!

The boys absolutely love the chickens. They spend a good part of their free time with them. They love holding, chasing, watching, and feeding the little tweeters. They dig in the compost for grubs and throw in a few. They love watching the "chicken football". So it will be a while until we have eggs, but they have proven to be a good investment (thanks Honey!!!) purely for entertainment purposes. So far no critters have even bothered them, so I actually think they might make it too.

Don't you see the love!



Here's what the set up looks like. I think they are happy in their new home. They run to greet us at the door (hoping for grubs/crickets/worms).

0 comments: