Monday, January 12, 2009

what do you do while recovering from surgery?

and you have never really enjoyed watching tv anyway, and you have crafted and colored to your heart's content, and bleh...who wants to do your makeup work from school....


well, you gather random objects and make a tower of course....
let's see just how many items I can balance and stack... then I'll ask mom to take a picture of my masterpiece

and isn't this just the perfect potato to play with...a heart














next I will tie the fishing string across the room and make a trap for Asher.
That's my Addi! So glad he is feeling better. He is finally eating some and making it almost all the way through the night without needing medicine and comfort. Today is his first day back at school. I knew it was going to be really hard on him, since he had been out for three weeks. My good friend Diane and I devised a plan to try and avoid the melt down. We thought maybe if she picked him up and took him to school then he wouldn't cry. He let us know last night that he wanted his Momma to take him to school, but thanks anyway. As it got closer to time to go this morning, his eyes got more and more wet! He said "I just want to stay with my momma!" All went smoothly though, Diane picked the boys up and they giggled and laughed on the way. Then her sweet daughter walked Addi to class. I had lunch with him and his teacher said he seemed happy to be back. All the kids in his class were happy to have him back and welcomed him too. So so glad he is finally doing better. Nothing harder on a momma than watching her baby suffer!

3 comments:

The Jones' said...

Glad to see he is recovering! We have to see the ENT tomorrow for Tyler. He snores and has sleep apnea, so out the tonsils come. Billy and I are really nervous to have him under for the first time. Any suggestions to make his transition easier or any tips for the after?

SanDee said...

TOOOOOOOOOO cute! I'm glad he is getting better each day. Miss you.

AmyC said...

So cute! I love this! :)