Monday, September 10, 2012

entering double digits







Every year for the boys birthday I make them a special birthday cake of their choice. Usually the selection is based on the theme or decoration they want on it. Last year Addison chose a "hunting" cake "with a deer on it, please". So for my little "deer" I made him this cake....


I think the year before that was camouflage cupcakes. This year when I asked he says, "I want a peanut butter chocolate chocolate chip cookie dough cake". Can you believe I found several recipes for ccc dough cakes online. Google is such a good friend of mine. What did I even do before Internet? I made this cake over a course of several days using multiple recipes. It was a true labor of love as all my homemade birthday cakes are. My little Addison deserves every bit of time that it took to make this cake though. He's always the first to volunteer to help out with whatever I'm working on. He's the one that jumps when asked for someone to feed the dog and he's the one that wants to organize and clean out the garage. Addison is the one that spend hours with me working on projects. Just this Saturday he worked very hard labor clearing an area and preparing for building a chicken coop.



0 comments: